Monday, July 12, 2010

Uncle Curtis

Since I miss my brother, his wife, and my nephews lately, I decided to see if Phil and I could drop by the see them. I even tried to bribe them by offering to bring over ice cream. Even though my brother said the ice cream wasn't necessary, they accepted my offer (always be the auntie bearing gifts).









Their oldest son, Jacob, wasn't home because he was at a sleepover. I was bummed about that. But that also meant I got to spend quality time with just David, my youngest nephew.

David is two and has quite the personality. He is such a ham. At our wedding reception during toasts, he kept walking up to me by the cake and giving me a mischievous look like he was going to just stick his hand right in the cake. He never did but I wasn't too worried about it. It would have been cute.

Back to my story...

So we were asking David what Phil's name is. We are trying to work on "Uncle Phil." David has another Uncle Phil (my sister in law's brother) and apparently it is too confusing to have more than one because he looked straight and Phil and said...

"Uncle Curtis."

After we all stopped cracking up, we tried several times to convince David that Phil's name wasn't Curtis. He wast having it. Phil even tried ignoring him but David just crawled up next to him in the couch and tried turning his face towards him, all while saying with increasing volume, "Uncle Curtis... Uncle Curtis... Uncle CURTIS!"

So we will see how long this lasts. :)

Love, Mrs. Janney




Location:Salem, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary