Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Very Determined Bear...

I am still around. The last few weeks have been, not hard, but not the easiest either. One of those situations where things aren't super wrong but things aren't great either. I took the PE Exam and I thought that after that, I was going to be able to get all kinds of stuff done; all the stuff I had put off doing while I was busy studying.



But it wasn't like that.



I was wiped out from the test. I didn't know what to do with myself because I constantly felt like I should be studying or doing something. Relaxing was really hard. And then I got sick. Not contagious, take you out of work sick, but just crummy feeling, cranky, antibiotic sick. And man... the antibiotics and stress really just took everything out of me. I didn't feel like myself at all. I was SUPER down, cried constantly and couldn't really get myself to do much of anything except go to work.



But this weekend... everything changed. I don't know what happened. I went to the Dad's Weekend Game at OSU (bad game, let's not talk about it) and when I got home, I suddenly had the energy and the motivation to do something. It was a complete switch from how I had been feeling! By the time Phil got home, I was madly working away in our office. Our office has been our dumping ground for stuff since we moved in over a year ago. Mail, Christmas gifts, leftover wedding stuff, wedding gifts... it was a MESS! We have been meaning to clean it up so that we can use it but we just haven't gotten around to it yet. Saturday night, I got around to it. And we finished it! In basically 1 night!! I was so excited.



So Sunday, I redid the linen closet and Phil and I moved some things around in our bedroom. Laundry got going and we got a good portion of it done. And then I started working on the wedding Thank Yous, which I had been putting off. All of a sudden, I was determined. I had to finish those this week. Last night, Phil and I FINISHED THEM!!!



Oh man... such a relief to have that stuff done. Those things have been on my list to get done for such a long time. I can't believe I got them done! I feel so much better! Tonight we are going to attempt going back to the gym. I have been trying to get myself to go for like a month and just haven't been able to do it, but I feel like I can now.



After the PE Exam, I came home to find this card and some flowers from my husband:








I have had it up in my office for the last few weeks and have been staring at it. I didn't feel very determined at all. Turns out, my husband knows me very well... I am a Very Determined Bear.



Love, Mrs. Janney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary