Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cleaning

You know how you walk into a hotel lobby and it is immaculate?

That is my mom's house.

She is kind of a clean freak.  She cleans constantly.  Everything is always in its place.  There are never papers laying around.  No coats not hung up.  No shoes not in the closest.  Growing up, I never knew that wasn't normal.  I thought all people had super clean, crazy neat homes.

I don't think so.

Did I inherit that cleaning gene?  Not so much.  Don't get me wrong, I love having a clean house.  I like not having crap all over the place.  I do feel much calmer when everything is picked up.  But I am not about to make it my personal mission to constantly have the house be super clean.

Everytime my mom is going to come over though, I feel immense pressure to have my house really neat.  It probably has something to do with the fact that my sister-in-law's house is ALSO immaculate (and she has 2 small boys).

So I am working on my cleaning skills.  I tend to let the house get into enough disrepair that is takes a major over-hauling to clean it up.  I have slowly been working all week on little parts, but this weekend and next week, it is ALL OUT WAR on my house.

I am talking clean, people.

So while y'all (that's right... I said it.  I married a Virginian, I figure I can say it) are out camping and enjoying the sun,  I will be having a battle with our office/sewing room.

Be jealous.


Love, Mrs. Janney


PS - This post had no real purpose.  I am aware of that.  Please still be my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary