Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm boring

Phil and I should be on our way to JMU about now, so I thought I would share a recent revelation with you:

I am kind of boring.

It used to be that I was able to be a source of entertainment when in a group of people.  And I would consider the internet to be a large group of people.  During grad school, my friends used to joke at get togethers that they would bring the food/booze and I would bring the entertainment (me).

And that comment was made with a very non-stripper context.

Personally, I think I am still QUITE interesting and entertaining.  But the types of stories/life experiences I have to pull from have changed dramatically.

See... I had a very interesting dating life in my single days.  I don't even think I dated that many people, it is just that so many strange/weird/interesting things happened on those dates. 
Once Phil and I started dating, the interesting/weird dating stories pretty much came to a halt.  Nobody wanted to hear about the super mushy, lovey-dovey type stuff.  Plus I am Norwegian.  My people don't do public displays of affection.

I have thought about sharing some of my interesting dating stories on this blog...

Like the time a guy called me a "naughty girl" before our first (and basically last) kiss.

Or the time a guy snapped his fingers at me and told me to "COME HERE!" like you would a dog.

But I don't think I will.

Afterall, my Mother-in-Law reads this.  Not my actual mother.  She has told me blogs are stupid.

(Hi Faith)

Now back to my kind of boring life.

2 comments:

  1. Man....I FEEL YOU! Majorly....I am boring as well! Maybe thats why we have so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh weird. I saw a post about your vaca in my reader and came to comment but now its gone!

    Hope everything is going ok!!

    Happy you got away with your hubby!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary