Thursday, October 6, 2011

Conflict


{I have no idea where this came from.  Google, I guess}


When I was a little girl, I always wanted to be a writer.  I began several books in my pre-teen years.  All of them were horrible and mostly based on other things I had recently read.  But as I entered high school, my desire to become a writer faded and I turned out to be much better at math.

I have been feeling the desire to begin writing again.  I would really just love to write a couple best-sellers and then retire and live off of royaltys (all J.K. Rowling style).  Is that too much to ask?

I think I could write a book.  Probably not best-seller quality, but a book none the less.  If only I had a good idea.  That seems to be the hiccup in my big plan.  I need a good, original idea.  I am having a HUGE problem with this step of plan.  Kind of crucial.

I think the main reason I am having a problem with the idea is because I really don't like conflict.  I feel like I have had quite a bit of conflict in my life recently and the last thing I want to do is create more conflict, even if it is for an imaginary person.  And how boring would a book of no conflict be?  WAY stinkin' boring.

But that is totally how I would like my life to be.

I know conflict is a normal part of life.  Without the rain, the sunshine doesn't seem as bright.  Let's just say I am ready for some sunshine.  And I am pretty sure when it comes, it will feel like freakin' Mexico.

In the meantime, maybe I could channel all that conflict into a book.

Yeah we will see...

2 comments:

  1. I say do it!!!! At least try/start?!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i always dreamed about being a writer too (and I'm not too bad at it) and I always think the same things. The scary thing is putting you heart and soul into a novel that gets rejected over and over. It's intimidating! But I say go for it especially if your heart is in it!! Seems that you are being pulled that way!! xox

    I just became your newest follower! I would love for you to visit my blog & follow back if you'd like.

    Also, check out my giveaway for a Missoni for Target hat!

    Blessings,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary