Friday, October 7, 2011

D.C. Squirrels

We spent one day of our trip (should have been more but THAT is a different story) in Washington D.C.  While we walked around, we had a chance to see something truly unique:

D.C. Squirrels

Phil and I were able to get pretty up close and personal with some squirrels while on this trip.  This surprised me given me recent history with squirrels.  But I guess east coast squirrels are a little more daring.  That and I didn't have my car so they knew they had nothing to worry about.

Here are a few of the things I learned on my day in D.C. about squirrels:

1)  There are white squirrels.  Didn't know that.  But we saw one near the White House.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

2)  Ever see a squirrel urinate?  I did.  On the sidewalk.  2 feet away from me.

3)  Squirrels can apparently climb into a garbage can, grab a rather large apple core, and then proceed to climb back out of the garbage can.  He then let me take his picture.



He's looking at me!

(SIDE NOTE:  Do you think P and S are still togther?)

I think I prefer squirrels in a city to pigeons.

{Taken in Venice, Italy}


Love, Mrs. Janney

1 comment:

  1. Revised statement "I took this picture in Venice, Italy with Rikkie Schley (Green at the time <3)"

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary