Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gotta Remember the Rainbows


This morning I was sitting in a meeting on the top floor of an office building (4th floor, which is fairly tall for downtown Salem) that overlooks the Riverfront park.  The view is really beautiful.  All of a sudden out of no where, it just starts downpouring.  Some seriously hard rain.  Large drops.  Super loud.

Then it stops.

Then it starts again.

And during the second downpour, there are glimmers of blue sky peaking through the dark grey clouds.

Slowly, the rain becomes lighter and lighter until the clouds part and an extremely bright rainbow appears (not the one pictured above).  And from my chair in the meeting, I can see both sides of the rainbow.

And right then, I realized something:

I am in the midst of the downpour.  I am hoping I am towards the end of the second downpour.  I can see the blue sky starting to appear.  And I just need to remember that the torrential rains are necessary for their to be rainbows in my life.

So here's to hoping that rainbow appears soon.


{Source: My Pinterest}


 
And don't worry... I was totally paying attention during my meeting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary