Monday, October 10, 2011

I am married, I promise

I am not even sure when Phil started his lab work, but I think it was 3 or 4 weeks ago.  At the end of July, he had warned me that he was going to start his sample analysis soon and he would be MIA for about a month.  The start date for his analysis kept getting push further and further back.  He finally started.

Which means I have been getting a lot of "alone" time.  Usually this isn't a bad thing.  Afterall, I lived by myself for 4 years before Phil and I moved in together.  I moved to the other side of the world by myself.  I can handle independence.  But once you are used to someone being around all of the time, it gets a little lonely.

During the time Phil has been in the lab, there have still been several social engagements which we would normally attend as a couple:  family birthday parties, church, football games, etc. 

I am starting to think people at church think we aren't married anymore.

Since Phil is such a wonderful guy (I'm fairly certain my family likes him more than me), everyone asks where he is.  They do this pretty much immediately after seeing me.  Sometimes they will say hello first.

So here is how the encounter goes:

Other Person:  Where's Phil?

Me:  In the lab.

Other Person:  [with disappointment] Oh that's too bad...

Me:  Yeah.  He has been there around the clock lately.

Other Person:  That's too bad.  Hopefully he gets done soon.

Me:  Yeah!  I hope so too.

Other Person:  So how've you been?


Yup... Phil first.  Then me.

Can't say that I blame them.

Just so everyone is clear... Phil really is in the lab.  He assures me he will be done with lab work soon (hopefully by the end of the month).  And he will return to social functions with me.


Love, Mrs. Janney

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to my life every fall! ;) I can definitely identify!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary