Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Mr. is a Mystery

This is going to sound stupid, but I sometimes forget that I haven't known my husband for all that long.  In the span of our lives, we have only known eachother for 4 years.  But this weekend we actually got to spend some time together (shocker!) and I was reminded again of how much of Phil's past I really don't know about:


(Old song comes on the radio)


Phil: This song reminds me of elementary school dances.

Me: Your elementary school had dances? (pretty shocked)





Phil:  Yup.

Me:  Well I guess if you are going to get knocked up by 16, you really have to start socialization early.

Phil:  Yup.  I know it was elementary school because I had a girlfriend.

Me:  You had a girlfriend in elementary school?!?! (Even more shocked primarily because Phil was and still is super shy)

Phil:  Yeah.  And her ex-boyfriend kept trying to cut-in and dance with her.  It was really annoying.

Me:  (Jokingly) Did you fight him?

Phil:  Not then, but I did push him over a desk in class once.


I could NEVER picture kid-Phil pushing another kid over a desk.


Me:  Did you get in trouble?

Phil:  No.  I waited for the teacher to leave the room.


That makes more sense.


Phil:  When she came back in, she didn't believe when people said I had done it.  So I didn't get in trouble.


Learn something new about him everyday.

Going to have to watch out for our kids if they get Phil's sneaky side.


2 comments:

  1. haha! gotta love those moments. isn't it wonderful to have your entire life to learn about each other and build memories?!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- the thing with my husband is that we're 7 1/2 years apart so by the time i was 15, he was 8! my stories and his stories are so far off that we always have a good laugh about many things and it's great to get to know your partner with this type of conversations...

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary