Saturday, October 8, 2011

Recent Projects

So I have spent a few posts blogging about how I was working on recent projects, but haven't shared any finished products.  It isn't that I haven't been working on them.  Some of them haven't turned out.  And some of them I was keeping on the DL because they were gifts.

But I have given the blankets to their recipients so now I can show you all what I have been SLAVING over recently.

This blanket was for Dave and Christie's baby.  They haven't found out what they are having, so I went gender neutrail.  The patchwork was done by me and I really like how it turned out.  Hopefully the pattern and colors will be stimulating to the baby.


Did you see the chenille duck?  I wasn't sure that was going to turn out, but I think it is SO CUTE!!  I am definitely going to do that again.





This blanket is the first one of these I made.  This one was fore Gavin and Chauna's baby girl, Isabella.



This blanket was for Cody and Susan's baby, Holden.  Hopefully they are using this blanket.  I haven't really heard anything about it.

 

I used car fabric and made a patchwork front to match the bedding they had on their baby registry.



It has been suggested to me that I should try to sell these blankets, but I really don't think they would be profitable to sell.  They each take between 25 and 40 hours to make and several layers of fabric.  But I think they make a super cute gift idea.  The blankets end up being a litte thicker, perfect for a play mat, tummy time or for a nap.  The front is a cute fabric and the back is a chenille that I make.

If you would like one made, for you or a friend, please email me and let me know.  We can discuss the design and the price.  I think I am going to start just making some to have for when I need a baby gift for someone (which seems like all the time recently.  Everyone is having a baby it seems).

So those are my projects!  I really have been busy, putting my sewing machine to good use.

Love, Mrs. Janney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary