Monday, December 12, 2011

Busy Day


{My in-laws sent us this ornament in a care package this last week. 
They said we needed some Southern on our tree.  :) 
I am Southern you know... by marriage.}

I actually have a pretty busy week ahead of me (or at least for me).  I have quite a few appointments on my calendar, which I am really thankful for.  Christmas always seems to take forever to get here.  Add to that the fact that I really want to get my surgery over with and I think time has purposefully slowed down.  I am hoping the busy schedule will help distract me for waiting.

Today, I went to a Soils Mechanics and Slope Stability Seminar up in Portland.  It was an entire day of listening to an instructor talk about soil and I had to get up early.  What is it about knowing you have to get up early that makes it almost impossible to get a good night's sleep?  I don't like it.

I had every intention of going to the gym after we got home, but I was pretty tired .  I just wanted to come home, eat, and go to bed.  Since I didn't have the energy to go to the gym, I made a healthy dinner.  I thought it was a good compromise.



It is made with ground turkey breast, heart healthy Bisquick, and then we used low-fat Sharp Cheddar and Omega-3 eggs.  It was super good.  The recipe says you are supposed to get 8 servings out of it.  Maybe that would be true if you made a ton of other side dishes with it.  I made no other side dishes.  I was going to heat up a can of corn but opening the can was more than I could handle.  Even if you take twice the suggested portion size (like I did), it is still only 422 calories.  Not bad for dinner.

I am amazed with myself that I actually made dinner.

Ok I am going to bed now.  At 8:30.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you added a little Southern to your tree...too cute!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary