Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Karate Kid and Storm Troopers

Saturday, Phil and I went to Jeffrey's belt test for karate.  He was testing to move up from a purple belt to a blue belt.  He has been training for the last 7+ months to prepare for the test.  Since Jeffrey isn't exactly the most diligent with practicing, we were all a little nervous.

He did SUCH a good job.  He knew his combinations and all the routines they have to do.  He was focused and work so hard.


{Waiting to find out if they passed}

He passed!


It was one of the cutest things I have seen in a while.  I was so glad he passed.  Even the thought of seeing him disappointed hurt my heart.

A couple things however:

- One of the adult students was kind of a nazi about taking pictures.  When the test was almost over (it was close to an hour an a half), she came over to inform us we weren't allowed to take pictures until after the test was over.  Too late lady!  Probably should have stuck your nose in other people's business at the beginning of the test.  She was just a blue belt.  I could take her.

-  The age range for these kids was probably 8 to 15 (I'm guessing).  One of the black belts running Jeffrey's group (purple and blue belts) was a giant jackass jerk face.  He used the phrase, "Strength and focus.  Anything less is unacceptable and unexcuseable" and "Was there something about my instructions that was hard for you to understand?".  I know this is karate, but it was also an hour into the exam and THEY ARE 10 YEAR OLDS!  Good thing he didn't talk like that to Jeffrey.  I would have kicked his black belt ass.


On the way home, we saw this:



There was also a Klingon (not pictured).

There are no words. 

No words until my husband explained to me why all the Storm Trooper costumes (there were 3 of them) were different.  When I almost vomited in my mouth thinking I had unknowingly married a closet Star Wars nut, he informed me he was just really observant (which is completely true).  He doesn't secretly attend conventions or anything like that.

Phew.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary