Thursday, December 22, 2011

Painting

I'm not sure if anyone has caught on by now, but I struggle with anxiety a fair bit.  To a certain extent, I think it is understandable.  Even if it is understandable lately, it still is super annoying and being anxious really doesn't solve any problems.

So I've been working on it for a while.

Now that I am less than a week until my surgery, I am doing my best to keep busy and not let myself think about negative stuff (since it won't change a thing!).

After a post from last week, my friend Jenna asked if I wanted to go paint pottery like we used to in high school.  Since I haven't seen her since our friends wedding in June 2010 (way too long), I was super excited she suggested it.  Why haven't I thought of it before?

Side note about Jenna... for part of my bachellorette party, we went to a drag show.  In the middle of the show, the star drag queen (who happens to be 80 years-old) walks out into the audience singing a song.  While singing his song he catches a glimpse of Jenna, who was wearing a low-cut dress.  He stopped singing, stopped the music, and pointed out how great Jenna's boobs were to the entire audience.  Jenna was mortified, but I don't think she should have been.  Own it girl.  :)



We met at Creat A Memory last night and about two and half wonderful hours, sitting there talking and painting.  I got to catch up on her new man, her job, life, etc.  It was awesome and exactly what I needed.

{my mini-teapot}

I left feeling really relaxed and much less anxious.

Thank you Jenna!  I had so much fun!!


1 comment:

  1. I had tons of fun too! So good to see you and catch up! Glad I could take your mind off of your surgery for at least a couple hours! Like I said, let me know if you need ANYTHING! I'll bring you your teapot next week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary