Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm officially OLD

I have a hard time sleeping.  It has been better since my first surgery, but still isn't where it should be.  I try to go to sleep early, but can't and then I can't wake up when I want in the morning.

So last night, Phil and I tried to go to bed early.  Phil was asleep and by about 11, I was ready to try to go to sleep myself.  As I stop reading my book and get all tucked in, I hear people in the street bouncy a ball.  I look out the window and two teenage girls from across the street are taking a ball, bouncing it as hard as they can against the street and then hitting it with their hand.  I looked at the clock...  11:06.  Pretty sure 14 year olds don't need to be out bouncing a ball in the street at 11 o'clock at night.

I watch them do this for a couple of minutes and then I see the ball bounce into my driveway and hit my car.

I was pissed.

I grabbed my robe, went downstairs, tore open the front door and flipped on the front light.

They looked like two deer in headlights.

Me:  What do you think you are doing?!?

Girls:  I'm sorry.

Me:  Do you know what time it is?

Girls:  I'm sorry.

Me:  It is completely inappropriate to be bouncing a ball in the street at 11 o'clock at night.

Girls:  {stand paralyzed looking terrified}

Me:  And I better not see that ball hit my cars again.

They bounced the ball as they walked back into their house.

It took me another hour to calm down and get tired again.  And then I woke up a little before 4 and couldn't go back to sleep.  Awesome.

But I think the fact that I used the phrase "Do you know what time it is?" makes me old.  And the whole thing kind of makes me a bitchy old lady.

Pretty sure our house will get tee-peed (or toilet papered depending on what you call it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary