Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Smile

Yesterday was a blue day for me. I struggle a little bit with the idea of having sad days. I know they are important. If you don't address your actual feelings and try to cover them up, they will seep out into other areas of life. But I still feel strange having a sad day.

Thyroid cancer is one of the best cancers you can get (oxymoron there). There are so many more things that could be wrong with me that are so much more serious than thyroid cancer. However, the word cancer is super scary. I know that having a positive attitude is really important when dealing with healing and the body.

So I know I should be positive but I also know it is ok to be sad.

I am confused.

And then yesterday this song came up on my iPod:



Smile by Charlie Chaplin
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking.
When there are clouds in the sky
you'll get by.

If you smile through your pain and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through
For you.

Light up your face with gladness,
Hide every trace of sadness.
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying.
You'll find that life is still worthwhile-
If you just smile.


Until I can get how I am supposed to feel figured out, that is what I am going to do. Get up. Take care of myself. Do my hair. Get dressed up.

I think it will help. I feel better already.

Of couse then I got to work and my boss (aka daddy-o) is a major grumpy-puss.  Must not let that affect my mood.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this...i love that song, it's a great reminder

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary