Monday, February 27, 2012

David has surgery

David (my youngest nephew) says a lot of funny things.  He is almost 4 years old.  Pretty soon, he will be an older little kid.  Still cute, but in a different not as innocent kind of way.  Just last week, I asked him why a little girl at his daycare had given him a hug and he said, "It's none of your business."  Funny kid.


{David at the State Fair in 2010 | David looking at a caterpiller Phil found in Oct. 2010 | David at the State Fair in 2011}


This morning David had to have surgery to remove his tonsils, adenoids, and have an endoscopy done at the same time.

Last week when he had to have his blood work done pre-surgery, he asked his mom if it would hurt.  She told him it would feel like a pinch, but it wouldn't hurt for very long.  After it was done, he said to her, "Momma you lied!  It felt like a shot!"

His surgery was this morning and my brother said it went well.  Then he sent me this picture:



Doesn't that break your heart?

Since I just had surgery, I tried my best to make sure he knew that he would be ok and that it wasn't too scary.  I promised him lots of popsicles and games of Go Fish and Headbandz the evening of his surgery.  So when his doctor told him he would HAVE to eat lots of popsicles after the surgery, David replied, "That's ok.  My Aunt Natalie is going to bring me popsicles and play Go Fish with me."  Melt my heart.

I bought him like 40 popsicles.  Hope it's enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary