Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Early Morning Minor Miracle

Something miraculous happened this morning:  I got up at 6.

Because my last surgery wasn't that long ago, I only had one lab test I needed to do before my surgery (a urine pregnancy test).  I put it off as long as I really could, but since my surgery is less than a week away, it needed to get done.  In an effort to not have to leave work to get that test done, I decided to go before work when the lab opened.

I have been having a REALLY hard time with mornings for a while.  I am not sure what the cause is exactly.  It could be my thyroid.  It probably is because I am a little depressed.

I wake up in the morning and CAN NOT open my eyes.  I get out of bed and my head feels like it weighs 50 pounds.  I've been late to work a bunch because of it.

So when I told Phil that I wanted to get up and do my lab work before work, I think he had an internal chuckle and thought, "yeah right."

But I think this morning, I figured out how to get myself to wake up in the morning:

- Sit-up and take thyroid pill
- Open eyes and drink as much water as I can.
- Read facebook, e-mail, or twitter to just get my brain functioning

After about 10 or 15 minutes of that, I was awake and able to get up.

Sounds ridiculous, right?  Well... it is reality.  My mom made a comment about what a rude awakening I was in for when I had kids.  I know this is what everyone thinks when someone my age talks about being tired.  Since I can't get pregnant for over a year, it really isn't an issue.  Not to mention it is completely different when you have kids.  Nobody needs me to get up.  Heck... the dog doesn't even need me to get up.

I got to work 30 minutes early and completely shocked my dad.  Hopefully I can repeat this the rest of the week.  And Monday.  And then I will have no thyroid and there could be a whole new bag of issues.  Who knows.  :)  One step at a time sometimes.


P.S. - Test came back negative.  Duh.  I could have told them that and saved $25.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your surgery goes well! I'll be thinking of you.

    I have such a hard time getting up as well, and I get the same thing from my parents and friends..."wait till you have kids." Yeah, yeah. Like life doesn't begin until you have kids. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary