Wednesday, February 1, 2012

HELLO February and Happy Birthday Jo!

January is probably one of my least favorite months.  Ok it is probably my absolute LEAST favorite month.  I didn't set any New Year's Resolutions this year except to "Kick Cancer's Ass."  I think spending the month healing, decided to do another surgery and radioactive iodine, and scheduling the 2nd surgery all fit into that resolution.

I think we can count January as a success in terms of my resolution.

Go me!

I am so glad that February is here.  With the start of February comes Joanna's birthday!!  Here is a quite outdated picture of my friend:


{At her Baby Shower}

She got rid of the belly approximately 17 months ago (with the birth of her baby boy).  Still just as pretty.  :)

Let me tell you how fantastic Joanna is (and this is a recent list because the full-on list would be super long):

-  She has been a constant support for me through this whole cancer thing, starting WAY back when it started.  This includes not getting mad at me for telling her I had cancer with a text message that said, "thyroid cancer."

-  She lets me fawn over her baby pretty much whenever I want.

-  She texts me pretty much EVERDAY.  Sometimes asking how I am doing.  Sending me cute and funny videos and/or photos of Braxton.

-  She took an entire day off of work and put Braxton in daycare to spend the day with me after my surgery.  She basically watched me sleep.  And then she gave me a manicure.

-  On multiple occasions, she has sat and been sad with me.  Cried and sulked with me.  And then when I am ready, started pointing out the bright side to me.

I don't know what I did to deserve such an amazing friend.

Happy Birthday Jo!!  Love you!!




PS - In the background of that picture is Rikkie.  She is also super amazing too, just in case you wanted to know.  Seriously, she's like Superwoman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary