Thursday, February 23, 2012

Random Memories

{from HERE}

Here's one of my memories:

It was the end of my first term of grad school.  I had gone over to a friend's apartment Friday night to hang out with my grad school friends before we all went our separate ways for the holidays.  I remember sitting on the couch on one side of the room and Phil was sitting on the floor on the opposite side of the room.  We had just barely learned each other's names and had really NEVER spoken directly to each other.

I remember somehow it came up in conversation that Phil played the guitar.  And I said to him, "You play the guitar?"  Phil sheepishly answered, "Yeah."  "Are you good?" I asked.  Very humbly he replied, "I don't know."  Me response, "Geez.  I bet that gets you favor with the ladies."  And he laughed, turned red, and proceeded to not look at me.


{One of my favorite pictures of Phil, taken before we met.  And if case you were wondering, he is REALLY GOOD.  Don't let his humility fool you.}

A little later his dog, Taylor, came up in conversation.  He had a picture on his phone of her with some reindeer antlers on her head and we were passing the phone around.  "You play the guitar and you have a dog?  Are you trying to make women swoon?" I asked him.  He didn't answer and probably didn't look at me the rest of the night.  At least not that I noticed. ;)

In reality, he was the perfect recipe to make me swoon.

You all can stop vomiting.

But seriously... a guy that plays the guitar and has the cutest dog in existence?  If he would sing while he plays I would have never stood a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary