Monday, March 26, 2012

This Week

The weekend went by WAY too quickly.  Maybe it is just because I am really not looking forward to this week.  My boss is out of town, which means I am the engineer in charge.  And even though I have been a full-fledged engineer for over a year, the idea of making design decisions completely by myself is a little daunting.

{Story Winery in Plymouth, CA.  This is where my boss is right now.  AMAZING Zinfandel.  That's my unedited picture.}

It will be fine.  I actually know what I am doing.  Weird.

But I have a lot on my plate work-wise, even without having to answer other people's questions.

Plus, I am not 5 days into the prep for my RAI and I am starting to subtly see the side effects of low thyroid hormones.  The ones that concern me the most are the lack of focus and the tiredness.  I know I will have to work pretty hard to make everything is done correctly and quickly which probably won't be helping the tiredness.  Apparently it is fairly common for people to not work when they are preparing for the RAI, so we will see how this goes.

Eating also takes a lot more focus than it used to.  And while I knew it would be a challenge, it has surprised me just how hard the diet really is.  I think the main challenge has been that it started all of a sudden.  You can't really ease into it.  But I am starting to get the hang of it.  It has kind of made me feel like a fatty though.  I never realized how much I was attached to food.  There are several Dr. Phil and Biggest Loser episodes devoted to dealing with this.

And I don't know if it is the thyroid or just stuff in general, but I find I get sad a lot easier.  And blogging has kind of made it worse.  It is easy to get caught up in comparing my blog to other blogs.  Followers, comments, etc.  It feels like high school all over again and I would NEVER sign up to go through that again.  Sometimes I feel like I constantly have to self-promote myself to get followers when in reality blogging is just a good way to make connections with people.  It has kind of bummed me out lately.

All this to say that I may not be posting as much for the next week or so.  Who knows how I will feel after this week.  I hope I won't lose followers and readers, but I know it is possible that I will.  I'll do my best to post regularly, I promise.

3 comments:

  1. iodineless AND CEO?!

    you are definition of my heroine.

    wow -- ugh. sorry the diet is so hard -- I mean duh, grace it is REALLY HARD. Wait --How am I just seeing these buttons on the side? very cute and profesh. Are they new? sorry -- always in idiot here.

    and scatterbrained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone feels like that sometimes with blogging. But remember, everyone starts out somewhere.

    You should read this post I wrote about something similar.
    http://hollietakesnotes.blogspot.com/2012/02/bobble-bobble.html

    Feel better girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was told that a lot of people with thyroid conditions - because of the low energy, lethargy, and pain - get depressed quite easily. I know that it was true for me.

    Anyhow, on the brighter side - I know exactly where Story Winery is! I have three cases of their zin in my basement. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary