Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a good and hectic one, filled with friends, family, and projects.  Here are some highlights:



I spent Friday night with Jenna and Danielle at the OSAA Dance and Drill State Compeition.  It brought back lots of memories.  Mostly of disappointment.  Hard work leading to no pay-off.  Dance team would have been a completely different experience if our team had been good.  Or had actual coaches.  It is nice to see other teams do well though.


Saturday, I went shopping by myself and found this gem:


It is currently being transformed.  I was only interested in the frame which cost a whopping $10.  Phil wants to keep the picture and the pink matte, but I said no.  A girl's gotta put her foot down sometimes.

I made low-iodine spaghetti sauce which required me to chop an entire head of garlic.  I think my hands may still smell like garlic.

We had drinks and dinner with our Irish friend (it was St. Patrick's Day afterall), Ian.  And we discussed the restaurants poor adverstising of Boddington's (which they pronounced Buddingtons) as an Irish stout (which it is totally not) and the fact that St. Patrick's Day parades always have men playing bagpipes dressed in tartan kilts (while bagpipes and tartan kilts are Scottish, not Irish).  Then we watched Michael Collins while I folded all of our laundry in front of Ian.  He's now seen all of my underwear.  The best part is that I don't think he had noticed until I pointed it out.  Awkward points for me.

Sunday we went to my brother's house to celebrate David's birthday.  Since David is 4 (and thus a certified tattle-tell), he was really concerned when my oldest nephew, Daniel, had gone to the bathroom and locked the door.  He proceeded to tell my brother that it was wrong and wanted to know what Daniel was doing in the bathroom.  That conversation went like this:

David:  But Daddy, why does Daniel have the door locked?

Nick:  Probably because we wants some privacy.

David:  But with the door locked, I can't get into the bathroom.

Nick:  Which is probably why Daniel locked the door.

David:  But what he is doing in there?

Nick:  He is probably going to the bathroom.

David:  But he is not peeing or pooping.  What is he doing in there?

Nick:  It's none of your beeswax.  Just leave him alone.


Then Sunday evening, we went to Josh and Joanna's house for a home-cooked meal.  It was crazy good.  The best part was when Josh was holding Braxton on his lap and trying to get him to sit down with the phrase, "Sit down Brax or Daddy will shoot the Easter Bunny."


It was a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Love the conversation between your nephew and brother. It is absolutely adorable! It totally reminds me of how my nephew would always faollow my sister into the bathroom and coudln't understand why soemtimes she wouldn't want him in there with her. So funny!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary