Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I can follow a recipe...

Saturday I mentioned that I wanted to make THIS recipe.  Well, while Phil was gone Sunday I went to the grocery store and bought the ingredients.  That was a step in the right direction.

Once Phil got home, we both realized we were starving.  So I decided I would muster up the energy to get in the kitchen and actually cook dinner.  I'm pretty sure the heaven's parted just then as this was nothing short of a miracle.

I got half way through assembling the dish when I realized:

1) I had bought the wrong kind of parmesean cheese (shredded not grated).  Not a big deal.

2) I wasn't supposed to add the 3 cups of mozzerella to the ricotta mix.  Turns out I wasn't supposed to add any of it.  I ended up using 4 cups of cheese instead of 3.

3) The dish had to bake for over an hour.  I needed to be eating in about 7 minutes.


I was feeling pretty spectacular about my ability to read a simple recipe.  I finished putting the casserole together and then put it in the fridge.  We had a frozen pizza Sunday night and ate the dish Monday night.  It was good.  Cheesy, but good.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so were you gassy at the end of it is my main question. You know this is my question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I commented on this already? Did google lie? Did you delete it? It was something gas related. I think I asked you if this made you gassy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha oh dear! Oh well, at least it tasted good in the end!:)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary