Thursday, June 7, 2012

Anniversary Dinner

To celebrate our second anniversary, we had decided we would keep it simple and just go out to eat at a nice restaurant in town.  Not too nice, but a little nicer than normal.  So we made reservations.

But things didn't go quite at planned.

That afternoon, my uncle ended up in the hospital.  Since my dad's side of the family is really close, my dad and uncle that I work with went to the hospital right away to be with him.  That meant that my dad needed someone to cover his evening meeting for him.

I volunteered.

The meeting was super easy.  I basically just went for looks (which I'm pretty good at).

So here's what we did instead:

We went to the dog park.  I was run into by a husky, which left a lovely bruise on my shin.

Went to Petco.  Nothing says "I love you" like a pooper scooper.

Had a romantic dinner.

McDonald's drive thru is romantic.  He said I could have anything off the menu.  :)

Honestly, after the year we have had I am not surprised that our plan didn't work out.  But who cares?  We certainly didn't.  We spent the evening together and exchanged mushy cards.  I was able to fill in so my dad could be with his brother.  And most importantly, my uncle is ok.

It was a wonderful anniversary.  :)

More about our gifts later.

6 comments:

  1. Food and your love? Can't get much better than that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got it right girl: anything - as long as you're together! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had big plans for our second anniversary as well, but I woke up with a terrible case of the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mcdonalds is the way to my heart. especially when hungover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good anniversary, even if it wasn't what you intended it to be. :)
    Also, I'm pleased your uncle is all right. :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the BEST type of anniversary :) Nothing like celebrating over the dollar menu! I am SOOO glad the two of you found each other....Love you both a whole bunch!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary