Thursday, June 21, 2012

Grateful

A short and incomplete list of things I am grateful for today:

-  A job that I get better and better at each day.  On the job training... gotta love it.

-  A husband who stands in the kitchen and talks to me while I cook.  Sometimes, he'll provide the background music.


Lately he has been working a little later, so I don't get my dinner-makin' music.  But that's ok.  Even though he knows it is ok for him to work a little later, he always asks me if it is ok first.  Making me feel included.  :)

-  This little guy.



Only about 9 more "sleeps" until you are mine little man!


-  This good girl.


I'm sure everyone says this about their own dog, but she really is the BEST dog.  Not that she doesn't have her moments, but she is such a good girl.  She will be such a great big sister.
-  Iced Tea.


Made fresh every afternoon.  With 1 packet of Truvia.  Antioxidants can be so refreshing!  :)

-  Thyroid hormones.  Walgreen's apparently ran out of my Cytomel and were going to give me a partial refill.  It made me a little nervous.  And then a doctor told me that one of the reasons they might have run out is because doctors and some pshyciatrists are starting to prescribe small doses of Cytomel to help make their patients feel better (without actual thyroid reasons).  That made me mad.  Luckily (for everyone) Walgreen's was able to totally refill my prescription the next day.  Or I would have lost it.


There are so many more things to add to this list, but I think this will do for now.


*Please pray for Rachel.  She is having her full thyroidectomy I think RIGHT NOW.  I'm glad that I can provide her with support and a little information about thyroid cancer, the same way Grace did for me.  It's invaluable to talk to someone who has gone through exactly what you did.

So that's another thing I am grateful for.  See... I told you the list wasn't done.


Here's a couple more:

-  I'm grateful that my thyroid cancer treatment is OVER!  Hopefully I never have to deal with cancer again.

-  And I'm grateful for you guys!  Your comments yesterday were wonderful and super supportive.  Plus they were very interesting to read.  I really liked hearing your opinions and I felt like we had a nice little forum going.  :)

3 comments:

  1. only 9 more sleeps?! ok, I think I might be as excited as you are! two girls ... you lucky 'dog' you. I want another boy for Sherm ... or girl. I'll take anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK here I was thinking that cotton was the cutest thing ever - but your husband might be. In that he plays you music while you cook dinner... darn girl you got a keeper there :)
    xx
    justyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggh Dang it alllllllllllll..

    I forgot how much I wanted a dog until I came over here again.. Friggin' Cotton.

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary