Friday, July 27, 2012

Hard To Get





Cotton is basically a toddler.
When you get a puppy, you don't get them during their baby stage.  We got him at 7 weeks old and alread he was done with his cuddly phase.
Of course I think he is so stinkin' cute that I just want to cuddle with him all day.  But he doesn't want to.
Even though I have comforted him, fed him, taken him outside to pee, and slept with him more than Phil, he still tries to cuddle up Phil first.  Every few days you may or may not hear me yell, "If you won't cuddle with me, you are going in your pen!!  Little bastard."  Just kidding, he isn't a little bastard.
Phil let me in on a little secret... he ignores Cotton.  Then Cotton is constantly trying to get his attention.
And it dawned on me... it's the same way with my nephews and Braxton.  Further pondering made me realize that I was never really good at playing hard to get back in my dating years either.  But we won't go into that.  Thankfully with Phil, I didn't have to play any games.
But I digress.
I love them all so much, I just want to hang out with them and hug and kiss them and play with them.  But they don't really want much to do with me.  Sure they like having me around, but they'd all rather sit on Phil's lap than mine.
Hello!?!?!  Who came to see you when you were born in the hospital?!?!  Phil wasn't even around them.
Geez.  Where's the loyalty.
But it terms out that men are all the same.  Doesn't matter if they are toddlers, little kids, grown men or dogs  Gotta play hard to get.
I'm screwed.

9 comments:

  1. such a cute little bastard. :) ummm, so I can totally relate. Sherm is the same exact way with Dan. And so are kids ... why are they so drawn to people who pay LESS attention to them? Geeeez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god. that first picture with the mouth open. can't handle how cute he is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! He is so cute! Every time I see his photo it makes me want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that always the way it goes?! Too funny. He's a cutie though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he is soooo freaking cute!

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all the puppy pics..keep em comin! Oh and by the way, I nominated you for an award! Go check it out :) http://lovelifeasmrs.blogspot.com/2012/07/hey-mom-i-freakin-got-award-for-my-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm glad one of my dogs 3 years later is still a cuddler and i love it when he puts his head on my shoulder, gets me every time, my other dog although she is always affectionate, she does not like to cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe pups! I know just how you feel! My dog is not a cuddler, and all I want most of the time is to hold and squeeze her! She would much rather be outside running around, chasing birds, and swimming! But you love them anyways right? =)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary