Wednesday, March 27, 2013

1 a Day

I have felt like I haven't gotten a lot done at home lately.  I've had good reason.  It's not JUST that I'm tired (although making a person does take it out of you).  In the last couple of weeks, I have had several events and commitments in the evenings after work.  Some of them have been personal.  Some of them have been for work.  All of them have been great.

But it left me feeling really drained.  When my free weekend rolled around, I found that I got tired by noon after completing only a few tasks.  It was really frustrating to me because I really like making lists and then crossing things OFF the list.

Plus, I have been oscillating between feeling like my due date will NEVER get here and then realizing quickly that in reality, the baby could come SOON.  Most of the mothers of boys I know had their babies either before or on their due dates.  (This also kind of makes me think that I will go past my due date, but whatever.)  But I should probably stop putting things off because we think we have so much time left.

To combat this problem, I have decided that on days when I don't have commitments in the evening, I am going to make it my goal to do one thing an evening.  And the one thing is in addition to normal nightly activities such as making dinner, picking up, etc.

So far this week, I have achieved my goal.  Monday night, I folded and put away all the laundry I had washing over the weekend (because I was too tired to do it after it came out of the dryer).  

And last night, I did all of the Thank You cards for my baby shower (which I still need to download the pictures from and post about because it was awesome).  I sat on the couch and only got up to get my dinner plate, go to the bathroom, and take off my pants (because who wears pants in their own house?).  

Of course I had some help reading off addresses from my computer...


I finally finished at 10:15 which was WAY past my bedtime.  At which point, my hand looked like this:


Oh the joys of being left-handed.  Gotta love smearing ink all over the place.  I still have ink on my hand after several attempts to wash it off.  Also, my hand constantly wants to claw up like that.  I haven't done that much hand-writing in a LONG time.  (Side note: it is shockingly difficult to take a picture of the side of your hand.)

Tonight's task, finish recovering the STUPID GLIDER!  I don't know why this task has me at a stand-still.  One more reason that I just need to get it done so I can move on to other, more enjoyable, projects.

1 comment:

  1. ahh, the joys of being a southpaw!! i can relate all too well. good for you for setting a goal of one thing each night...that makes it seem much more manageable!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary