Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Bad Dream

I've had some weird pregnancy dreams.  Some of them have been so weird that when I wake up and tell Phil, he looks at me and says, "Yeah... don't repeat that to anyone."

So I don't.

Last night, I had a bad dream.

I dreamt that I had the baby right now, he was 16 pounds (which is terrifying) and then he died.

Obviously, the dream woke me up.  Unfortunately, it returned every time I fell back asleep for the rest of the night.

I hate dreams like that.  You wake feeling vulnerable and scared.  It doesn't matter that I know the odds of any of those things happening is extremely small (especially the part about having a 16 pound baby).  The emotions during the dreams are so strong, you just can't shake them.

This was definitely not a great way to start my day.

Thankfully, the little man has been doing everything he can to let me know that he is more than alright.  We've had a nice little morning of lots of gentle little movements.  Nothing painful or jarring (not like last night when he moved into a position that made it totally impossible to sit down without pain).

Already, he's such a good boy.  :)

{From our February ultrasound.  
He can go ahead and stay in there until he's good and ready to greet the world.  
But hopefully that's before he weighs 16 pounds.}

2 comments:

  1. I'm finally pregnant (though still not telling anyone, luckily no one I personally know reads you blog! haha) and I am due in the middle of fall school semester. I had a dream the other night that my water broke in the middle of class and I had to walk from the front row past 200 people looking like I peed my pants while the teacher continued lecture. SO not fun! Now I'm terrified that will actually happen! I'd prefer that over a 16 pound baby that dies though. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have ones where McCartney was born and then I couldn't find her. They felt so real. It was awful...I would wake up just feeling drained!
    Btw, have you seen this? http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/george-king-of-england--born-weighing-over-15-pounds--is-one-big-baby-212724847.html

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary