Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday?

A part of me can't believe it is already Thursday and another part of me can.  This week has been jam-packed with activities and I am seriously looking forward to our weekend that has NOTHING planned for BOTH Saturday AND Sunday.  Whoa that was a lot of caps.  But it needed to be done.  We haven't had an entirely free weekend for at least 10 weeks.  All the free time almost makes me want to cry with joy.

What has this week entailed?  I'm so glad you asked...

I'll just tell you what we did Monday.

To celebrate being finished with our Bradley Class, we decided to take another class!  It was a one-night Baby Care and Feeding Class at the Hospital.  I've never had a newborn before, so I am always ready to soak up more knowledge on how to take care of one.  And since Phil has had VERY little exposure to babies in his life, he really wanted more information.  We are nerds... we like research.

We walked into the class and immediately had to grab a doll to practice with.  Phil grabbed the darkest skinned baby doll available, which I thought was funny.  We then proceeded to talk about how each of us would have some serious concerns if our baby was that color.  I believe Phil said to me that I would have a lot of explaining to do.  I agreed with him.  However, I know this won't be an issue and our child will be as pasty and white as we are.

We passed the class with flying colors and left feeling like we won't actually kill or harm our future newborn with our ignorance.  Money well spent.

The class did, however, completely freak me out about SIDS.  I mean, I had known about SIDS and have actually known someone who lost their baby to SIDS, but it wasn't really something I was too terribly worried about.  If you know me in person, you'd know this is a small miracle.  I'm completely and totally anxious about almost everything.  And class woke the anxiety beast in me.

It just so happens that the next day or so, I saw a couple of bloggers mention the Snuza Halo Baby Movement Monitor and I am seriously considering purchasing it.



Sure, it's over $100 (seriously Amazon raised the price $10 since Phil and I looked at it last night), but I think the fact that I won't be sleeping at all because I'll be monitoring my baby's every breath might make it money well spent.  Therapy costs more than that.

Alright, I just thoroughly talked myself into it.

Do any of you have any experience with a monitor like this one?

Happy Thursday!!

3 comments:

  1. oh, i am right there with you with being a worrywart. this monitor is SO cool. definitely bookmarking it for the future. funny about the dark skinned doll, i feel like my husband would do the same thing since we're both pasty white! sounds like you guys are doing a good job getting prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am starting to get more and more nervous about the baby sleeping. i'm pretty sure i'll be a nervous wreck making sure he's still breathing! although maybe i'll be so sleep deprived that i'll be able to sleep anyways... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine has it and loves it!! She would re commend it!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary