Friday, March 7, 2014

5 Things Friday

Wow this week went by fast.  Is it just me?  Personally, I am thankful for another week gone by with a healthy little boy.  It seems like daycare has him in a perpetual state of sickness, so every day that he doesn't have a runny nose needs to be celebrated.  That kid will have an immune system of steel by the time he hits elementary school!

Let's get to the goods, shall we?


1.  I got an e-mail the other day that my blog was featured on parenting.com!!  And Henry is even the first picture that pops up!  I was surprised and pretty excited.  I mean, how cool is that?!  And then I started looking at some of the other blogs they have featured and I was really excited.  These are some big blogs, with lots of followers, and some great posts.

I'm trying to downplay just HOW excited I was because it's a little embarrassing that I get so excited about things related to my blog.  What can I say?  It's the little things I guess.


2.  Re-reading the post that parenting.com featured helped remind me that I need to keep the work/home balance constantly in the forefront of my mind.  Things are picking up at work and things are picking up with Phil's dissertation.  I need to make a constant effort to keep things in check.  I am really hoping to take the weekend and evenings from now on to really tune into my family and then re-charge so my days can be spent working my tail off.  The more I can get done during the day, the more time I can spend focusing on my guys.


3.  Speaking of my guys...  Look at this guy:



Does he not looks SO MUCH like Phil in this picture?!  I think he does.


4.  I took our car in to get serviced this week and when I picked the car up, the service guy told me everything looked fine, but there was evidence of rodent damage.

What the WHAT?!?

Rodent damage?  My skin crawls just thinking about he.

He then went on to explain that rodent damage was pretty common if you lived in the country.

We don't live in the country.  Complete and total suburbia right here.  In fact, we live next to an apartment complex and there are like 8 million cats in out neighborhood.  Recently, Phil and I think that the neighborhood cats have decided that our front porch is the new location of cat fight club.  There seems to be at least one cat fight on our porch a night.

When I told the service guy this, he said, "Well then.  Rodents should be rare."

Once I really thought about it, it kind of makes sense that the cats are gathering on our front porch.  Apparently my car is a collection point for rodents.

Gross.


5.  This was the first week in a while that I felt like I had things kind of in control.  For the most part, we got places on time.  I made dinner.  We had some clean clothes.  I even got to the gym a few times.  We did alright.  Was the laundry completely done?  No.  Is the house spic and span?  No.  But it was nice to feel like we have things under control.  I hope I didn't just jinx myself.



That's my list for this week.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Henry and I are going swimming together for the first time.  I think he will LOVE IT!

2 comments:

  1. He's looking less and less like a baby and more and more like a little boy! They grow up too fast. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rodent damage on a car? I live in the country and have never heard of it! Lol!!
    He is getting soo big!! Glad he's still healthy!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary