Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Beach and a Boat

Well, my blogger streak has been broken.  And do you know who we can thank for that?

Red Robin.

We went there for dinner yesterday after a very frustrating Henry day.  I mean, the guy is a pretty good baby most of the time so I knew we had it coming.  It didn't make the day any easier though.  So we had dinner at Red Robin where the food wasn't great, the service was awful, Henry was in a terrible mood and Phil and I ended up with food poisoning.

Awesome.

Needless to say we won't be going to Red Robin for a LONG time.

This is the second time we have had food poisoning like a month.  Not cool.

Definitely not the diet plan I had in mind.

But we did have a nice Saturday.  So let's focus on that.

We headed to the beach and then my sister-in-law's family's beach house for the day.  This wasn't the first time Henry had been to the beach.  He went on our family camping trip last August at the ripe age of 3 months old.




But when re-introduced to the sand, it was like he had totally forgotten it.  It took a while, but he finally got used to it.  And then there was no stopping him.  There was sand in his diaper, his hair, his ears.  He had fun.





And the weather was absolutely unreal.  I mean, we never get this kind of weather at the Oregon coast.  To put it in perspective, I waited 20 minutes to put sunscreen on and my neck got totally fried. It made me mad.  I HATE getting sunburns.

Anyway... Henry's reintroduction to the beach also happened the day of Henry's first boat ride.




He loved it.  Every time the boat hit a bump, he got a huge smile on his face.  He's going to be an adventure seeking, I can just tell.  The kid loves to be startled and surprised.

This is not a wonderfully written post.  Forgive me.  I'm still not 100%.  I hate throwing up.  Hopefully I'll be back on my game tomorrow.

Stay away from food poisoning!

3 comments:

  1. ugh, I food poisoning sucks! Sorry you had to go through that, it sucks big time! At least you're on the mend, I always feel it takes so long to get over it! There is nothing better than a little baby full of sand, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we don't eat at Red Robin anymore either...;)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary