Monday, August 4, 2014

A New Day




If I am being totally honest, I am going to say that I have had some tough days recently.  Not the hardest I've ever had, by any means.  I'm not going to get that dramatic.  But just challenging.

I could go into the reasons, but I will spare you the whining.  The truth is it is just life.  Crank baby.  Stressed husband.  Dogs that aren't listening.  Normal stuff.  But it has me in a funk.

And while I like to fool myself into thinking that I am Superwoman and I can just get over it and move it, it turns out that isn't exactly the case.

I'm tired.

My body physically hurts.

And I am struggling with snapping out of the funk I currently find myself overtaken with.

I just want to reset things.  Most of the time, I can get myself to snap out of it.  Not right now.  Not this time.  I would have a glass of wine, but I have a philosophy that you don't drink to make a bad day good.  Only drink to make a good day better.  So I am resorting to the next best thing.

Food.

And since I am out of crescent rolls, it is regular s'mores for me.  Plus early bedtime.

I'm going to take a few deep breaths, get some rest, and be thankful that tomorrow is a new day.  I can feel a better attitude already.

3 comments:

  1. I can completely relate to your funk-ery! I liken it to being a car driving along with a full tank. The road seems easy and manageable, even the bumps and hills and sharp bends don't phase us. But, sometimes we just start to run on empty, and all of a sudden those same roads and hills and bumps just seem to drain you and take so much effort.

    Some days we just run on empty, but that's okay and tomorrow is another day:)

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, It's a new week, so hopefully everything will be better this week. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you so many happy positive vibes sweetie. Just stumbled across your fabulous blog and am so pleased I did. Us mamas have to stick together.

    Antoinette xx

    between the lines

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary