Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Beached

After we got back from San Francisco, we immediately turned around and headed to my family's annual camping trip (read about past years HERE and HERE, and I can't believe I didn't blog about camping last year).

Did we go camping?

No.

For several reasons.

1)  I didn't want to deal with packing for San Francisco AND packing for camping at the same time.  That sounds like A LOT of work.

2)  Phil needed to work at least one of the days of the camping trip.  That meant either he would have to drive back or join us the second day.

3)  I wasn't sure how we would put Henry to sleep in a tent.  When he is a little older and we can rationalize with him a little, I think it will be easier.  But I just didn't want to deal with it.  It didn't sound super relaxing to me.

4)  I didn't know how I was going to keep Henry warm sleeping in a tent.  Camping at the Oregon coast can be COLD.  I mean, this is how he was dressed last year:

{Doesn't he look comfy?}

And here's another couple from last year, just because I apparently didn't blog about it:




Oh my gosh I shouldn't have looked through those pictures... feeling very nostalgic now.

Anyway, back to my story.

So we decided that Henry and I would drive back and forth each day.  That way we could sleep in our own beds, Phil could join us  on Saturday no problem, and I had less packing (like NONE) and so much less laundry.

It was about a 2 hour drive each way.  But my brother has a rule that you need to stay somewhere at least twice as long as you spend traveling.  And averaged over the 2 days, we did that.

All of this typing to say that WE WENT TO THE BEACH!!













1 comment:

  1. Oh those pictures are just perfect. I have the same rule, although my rule is you need to stay at least as long as how long you drive to get there and back. And good call on driving back and forth, even if it was a trek, I can't wait till my kids are big enough to go real camping!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary